Sunday, August 24, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Outline
I. Introduction about myself
a. present location, college major, interest
b. personal information
II. Motive for becoming an educator
III. The current duties of the modern day educator
IV. YouTube video

My name is Justin Thomas and I was born and raised in Mobile, AL. My major interest are learning and enjoying life by hanging out with friends and family. I chose to attend South Alabama because I liked the direction the school was headed in during my senior year of high school. New buildings were being built and older ones were remodeled which persuaded me to attend USA. I felt as if they were building the modern college campus with cutting edge technology.
I am a huge sports fan. Watching and playing sports is one of my main hobbies. I enjoy watching football, basketball, soccer and tennis. Furthermore, I love to watch movies. My immediate family was born in Mobile also. We are a very close knit family. We always gather together on holidays by having cookouts and sharing family memories.
I choose to enter education because I have a passion for teaching. I embrace the concept of educating the future and giving back to my community. Furthermore, I come from a long line of educators. My father taught school a significant portion of his life and I've had aunts and uncles who have served as educators. In the 21st century and educators work entails not only good teaching methods but being able to incorporate technology in the lesson plans. Educators should have a thorough knowledge of computer programs and how technology can be harnessed to enhance the students ability to learn. Teachers should also be good counselors who have good listening and communication skills. Moreover, teachers should be able to collaborate with their colleagues in order to improve teaching methods. I'm passionate about educating the future because the opportunities are limitless for how far a student can go. In this video computer engineers and programmers reveal the wonder behind technology and the endless jobs that being literate in technology will bring however, it shows the gap between the numerous jobs and the limited supply of computer scientist that our universities are producing. So lets solve this and educate the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment