Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post 1

I have heard that EDM 310 is rigorous course from students who have went through the course. Many students have shared with me that the course in very time consuming and requires a great deal of effort to pass the course. However, these same students also expressed how rewarding this course is. The amount of knowledge they gained through this course far surpassed any other course they took at South. I don't have any fears about taking the course however, my only concern is that I remain organized and focused over the course of the semester. Although, I always do I have to constantly self-evaluate myself to make sure that I am staying on track. Comparing EDM 310 to other courses in high school or college would be like comparing oranges and apples. I believe this course will require me to be very project orientated and to work collaboratively in a group whereas, former courses were more independent based.
The most difficult thing in EDM 310 for me will probably be learning how to apply technology in the classroom. I view this as being challenging and rewarding. The best way to address this challenge is to ask as many questions as possible until I have a complete understanding of the project and how to apply this technology in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Very good post! I love how you said, "Comparing EDM 310 to other courses in high school or college would be like comparing oranges and apples". This is a very unique, different type of course. You will enjoy it, though. It does take a lot of time but you will learn several useful tools. Good luck this semester and let us know if we can be of any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is Javious Williams. I enjoyed reading your blog post and I must admit I also view this course as being challenging and rewarding. I truly think it is a great idea that teachers apply technology into their classroom because it makes learning more fun for the students and therefore allow the students to pay more attention during class. I also agree that it is a great idea to ask as many questions as possibly to be sure you fully understand before moving on. I know you will do an excellent good this semester. The main goal is to stay focus and manage your time well. Good luck and have a great semester.

    ReplyDelete